Friday, October 10, 2008

Biceps Workout 0003

This workout is truly a lesson in thinking outside the square. Remember a couple of workouts ago I mentioned about tearing the muscles in my right arm when lifting a clothes dryer into position?

Yeah, well, I knew today's bicep workout was going to be very interesting - was this actually going to work?

The answer was an easy no. Not doing a barbell curl anyway. The arm in that position was just not functioning. I could easily tell that if I forced myself to perform even 1 rep I stood the chance of doing some very bad damage to my arm.

I experimented a little bit with different positions - still no good. What to do?

I then tried the adjustable bar. The same bar I use for triceps extensions. Very light weights to start. Just a little soreness but all OK.

So what we learn here is that if something is not working for you - experiment until you find the thing that will do it for you. It will be there, you just have to persist until you find it.

And doesn't that just apply to all of life!

Biceps Curl (adjustable bar)

Approximately 12 sets with weights mainly in the 10 to 20 kg (22 lb to 44lb) zone and reps ranging from 7 to 12

Now I know that this works I'll log it more accurately for you next time.

Leg Curls

20.0 kg (44.1 lb) x 15 reps (20)
17.5 kg (38.6 lb) x 17 reps (20)
15.0 kg (33.1 lb) x 9 reps (20)

"For every failure, there's an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour." - Mary Kay Ash

Oh yeah. I promised you a sensational link to what I watch on YouTube as I workout.

Here it is - Link

Have fun!!! 'Cos I will be - this weekend in Oz is our Bathurst 1000 motor race. I watch it every year. Have done so since I was a little guy. Greatest motor race at the greatest motor racing circuit in the world. YouTube it and you'll see what I mean. You will be a convert instantly.

Next time - chest.

No comments: