Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Triceps Workout 0003

How many meals do I eat in a day? The answer is 5. If you can somehow squeeze in 6, great.

Let's make a very clear point here. Those 5 meals are not all meat and 3 veg. I'd get very fat doing that. I would eat the same amount in those 5 meals as a normal person (someone not training) would eat in their 3 meals. All I do is spread it more evenly throughout the day.

It's all to do with energy levels and bodily needs. I'm never starving hungry during the day because it's actually never that long since I've eaten. Consequently all my meals are smaller and I never suffer from that overfull feeling. In fact, I really dislike that feeling!

The other great benefit from eating this way is that I'm never short of energy. It is just a great way to feed yourself for optimum results.

The other reccomendation I could make here is to always eat slowly. Very slowly. This gives your stomach time to signal to your brain that you have had enough (before you've actually had too much - sometimes way too much!). The other benifit of eating this way is that you will find yourself really enjoying your food - you have time to taste everything. It's all about relaxed eating.

Standing Triceps Extension (adjustable bar)

30.0 kg (66.1 lb) x 12 reps (16)
30.0 kg (66.1 lb) x 11 reps (12)
35.0 kg (77.2 lb) x 8 reps (8) *
40.0 kg (88.2 lb) x 2 reps (4)
32.5 kg (71.7 lb) x 10 reps (10) *
25.0 kg (55.1 lb x 11 reps (16)

Leg Extension

30.0 kg (66.1 lb) x 20 reps (20) *
27.5 kg (60.6 lb) x 20 reps (20) *

OK so that's it for today. I watch Youtube as I workout, or, more accurately, when I'm resting between sets. I'll tell you what and give you the link next time. It's great!!

"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age." - Lucille Ball

Next time - biceps.

No comments: