Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back Workout 0007

Christmas holiday time is fast approaching. Most businesses, in Australia at least, will close for a break of a couple of weeks. Lots of people take this opportunity to take a vacation somewhere. You've worked hard all year in the gym, or, if you're like me, in your home gym. Going on a vacation will mean a break from your usual workout schedule. What to do?

A break from training for a week should make no difference whatsoever. I've just had a break from my training for a week and returned today - totally blasted through my workout and will increase all my weights next time! Usually you will find that a break for a week will actually be of benefit - a good muscular rest and important healing time.

A one to two week break will be only slightly different in that you may do your return workout but perhaps not increase any weights or reps. Any longer than two weeks and you will most likely drop a few reps on the weights you were using.

We will be going camping for a few days. I will find myself gathering and chopping firewood, putting up tents, exploring etc. so my day to day activities will actually increase even though I must confess that I will make sure I do a fair bit of relaxing with suitable beverages, oh yeah, OK, got me, lots of food too.

So, the point is, don't worry too much about missing workouts. Just enjoy the break. Go for some walks, go fishing, play some sports, go camping like we will be - all these are great activities and your body will respond well to the change of pace.

T Bar Row.

52.5 kg (115.7 lb) x 10 reps (10)
57.5 kg (126.8 lb) x 9 reps (9)
62.5 kg (137.8 lb) x 8 reps (8)
67.5 kg (148.8 lb) x 7 reps (7)
72.5 kg (159.8 lb) x 6 reps (6) *
77.5 kg (170.9 lb) x 5 reps (5) *
82.5 kg (181.9 lb) x 4 reps (4) *
52.5 kg (115.7 lb) x 16 reps (16) *

Leg Extensions.

37.5 kg (82.7 lb) x 16 reps (20)
32.5 kg (71.7 lb) x 17 reps (20)
32.5 kg (71.7 lb) x 19 reps (20)

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living." - Amanda Bradley

Next time - triceps.

No comments: