Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Biceps Workout 0006

In my post before the last one (Nov. 17th) I talked about the many positive life lessons I have learnt from bodybuilding.

That one was all about attaining goals in small doable incremental steps.

Another lesson I have learnt is: how it is possible to push ahead even when it all seems far too hard - how not to be a quitter.

Plenty of times I have been faced with a scheduled workout after a late night before, or I just plain didn't feel like it - motivation completely left town!

From past experience I knew that if I would just start, all the rest would just sort of follow on, enthusiasm would gradually return and I would end up feeling much better afterwards. Definitely more proud of myself.

The important thing is to just start. See how you go. Doing this I have had headaches disappear, soreness go, negative thinking spun around to positive by the end of the workout. Appetite definitely returns!!

It's also knowing deep inside that to achieve my workout goals I need to keep on rinsing and repeating my workouts - keep on jumping through the hoops.

Once you get this you can overlay these principles to all other areas of your life. Ever NOT felt like going out to a social event but, for whatever reason, you felt you'd give it a go anyway - and you had a great time after all! That's what I mean.

A good word for it is "stickability".

Adjustable Bar Curls.

20.0 kg (44.9 lb) x 10 reps (10)
22.5 kg (49.6 lb) x 9 reps (9)
25.0 kg (55.1 lb) x 8 reps (8)
27.5 kg (60.6 lb) x 7 reps (7) *
32.5 kg (71.7 lb) x 6 reps (6) *
35.0 kg (77.2 lb) x 5 reps (5) *
37.5 kg (82.7 lb) x 4 reps (4) *
22.5 kg (49.6 lb) x 12 reps (16)

Leg Extensions.

37.5 kg (82.7 lb) x 14 reps (20)
32.5 kg (71.7 lb) x 16 reps (20)
32.5 kg (71.7 lb) x 16 reps (20)

"A quitter never wins and a winner never quits." - Napoleon Hill

"A dream is a flame that burns out if you give up." - Anonymous

Next time - chest.

No comments: